Table of Contents
Destination City resources
Below are news releases, reports and articles about Destination City. Together with the Connections blog posts they provide an initial resource for answers to questions that may be raised at the November 7 2023 public meeting about Destination City. They could also provide some starter content to pilot an information hub. Update: the meeting of about 100 residents generated a lot of lively discussion, and the Destination City team have promised a report-back. I'll update further then.
- November 7 public meeting about Destination City - blog post
- Piloting a community information hub - blog post
The clearest official explanation of Destination City is a set of slides prepared for the Culture, Heritage and Libraries committee in July 2023
Destination City articles, reports and presentations
Newsroom City of London - Destination Search results
News releases tagged Destination City
Policy Chairman sets out ambitious ‘Destination City’ vision for the Square Mile
News release May 2022
West End boss to make the City of London a new leisure destination
Luciana Magliocco recruited as director for Destination City June 2022
Destination City can 'bring light to the Square Mile', says City policy chief
City Matters August 2022
Square Mile to transform for open air street festival
Evening Stndard August 2022
Making the City a fun destination for everyone
Evening Standard September 2022
John Griffiths: City Corporation's 'destination' initiative carries a degree of risk
On London article by Councillor John Griffiths October 2022
City Policy Chairman hails Destination City’s flagship “The Golden Key” event
Speech to Court of Common Council October 2022
City Policy Chairman: Destination City is transformative moment
News release October 2022
New City destination brand and website launched to boost Square Mile leisure economy
News release June 2023
Destination City overview slides July 2023
Bartholomew Fair revival continues Destination City campaign
On London article by Councillor John Griffiths August 2023
Corporation news release August 2023
Destination City Strategic Review September 2021
Policy and Resource Committee initiated a review to be carried out Danny Lopez, founding head of London & Partners and former Consul General in New York. Danny was to work on a pro bono basis.
There does not appear to be any publicly accessible report of the review.
Implementation plan November 2022
Underpinned by sustainability, inclusivity and innovation, Destination City’s activation programme will be based around the brand pillars developed as part of the brand review. We will seek to create district identities around our brand pillars which will inform programming and partnership delivery across the Square Mile. These will be subject to refinement during the brand review process but seek to encompass with the below themes:
* History and heritage. A City dripping in treasures and stories of the past, present and future. A City founded on a spirit of enterprise and innovation, open to discovery and excited to share its story with the world.
* Culture and creativity. A City as comfortable with the roof top concert, as the conservatoire; the pop-up, pop-art as the gallery. A City that continues to inspire invention, making and design – and the talent who want to excel.
* Shopping and socialising. A City of fun, colour and lightness. With vibrant clusters and a destination retail-hospitality offer that entices people to stay.
* Wellness. A City where everyone is welcomed and included. A City of community and connections, education and enrichment, relaxation and renewal.
Report on the Golden Key event and City Envoy January 2023
Includes proposals to appoint of a Member to join the City Envoy Network “to represent the collective views of residents on the Destination City agenda. The purpose of the appointment is to advise on the strategic priorities and delivery programme of Destination City and its impact on the City’s resident community”. Commitments:
• To act as a positive ambassador and advocate of the Destination City agenda amongst residents.
• To attend and input at quarterly City Envoy meetings. To implement required follow up actions.
• To action bespoke requests pertinent to the purpose of the City Envoy Network.
• To provide informed counsel on how the Destination City programme can benefit City residents and drive advocacy among this stakeholder set.
• To advise on the best ways to engage with residents on the Destination City delivery programme.
Destination brand identity and website May 2023
- Blog post on committee discussion about what is Destination City ###Overview report and presentation July 2023
- Destination City overview slides July 2023 ###Bartholomew Fair evaluation, Destination City Review, Cultural Planning Framework November 2023
Bartholomew Fair evaluation published … no more Corporation funding?
Blog post November 2023
Bartholomew Fair presentation slides
David Wilcox firstname.lastname@example.org